Friday, January 05, 2007

Resolutions

A New Years resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project, a habit, or often a lifestyle change that is generally interperted as adventageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normallly go into effect on New Years Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved, although many resolutions go unachieved and are often broken fairly shortly after they are set.--Wikipedia

Well, it's that time of the year again. We are supposed to decide what we are going to change in our lives to make ourselves "better". I have, through the years, made my fair share of resolutions. I have made small resolutions, such as, to do at least one load of laundry a day, or do the dishes as soon as they hit the sink. I have also made some rather bigger ones such as to be a better wife and mother. God knows I have slipped on the small ones, but I would like to think I have kept the ones that matter most. My family may feel other wise.

Brian asked me on New Year's Day what my resolution was. The usual things went through my head, but I was unable to tell him one. I think with all the change in my life the past year, does it really matter if the laundry is kept up, or if I have a few extra pounds? So this year I've decided not to make a resolution. Any change I make in my life, needs to be done when the time is right, not because it's a certain day year.

No comments: