Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thirteen Thursday

Ok, I just realized we've been in Korea for 13 days, and it's a Thursday, so I thought now would be a good time to copy off of Mindi and start Thirteen Thursdays.

Thirteen things I miss about home:

1. TV-- I miss dish network and my DVR. We have plenty of cable channels but with the exception of about two or three they all speak Korean. I would so love to watch Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck, and Days of Our Lives.

2. Driving--I miss knowing there's a vehicle outside I can get into and drive where ever I want.

3. Wal-Mart--I would love to be able to get everything in one place. I have to go to the commissary to buy groceries then to the PX to buy everything else.

4. I miss trees and fields. There is absolutely nothing growing off the base, except cabbage.

5. I miss outside smelling good. I have heard of Korea being known as the land of a thousand smells, and oh my God is it. You can be walking down the street and smell something cooking then half a block later it may smell like there's something dead.

6. I miss my friends. I hate having to think about what time it is there before I call.

7. I miss my kids going to school. I think they may drive me crazy before the are able to get in.

8. I miss living in the country. I hate not being able to get loud in fear of someone hearing you.

9. I miss my things. Being with Brian is wonderful, but it just doesn't feel like home yet. Hopefully once our boxes start arriving with family pictures and such things will be a little more comfortable.

10. I miss my job! I miss the patients, the atmosphere, and the wonderful people I was able to work with. I will never find such a wonderful place to work again.

Ok so maybe I don't have a full thirteen, I promise to do better next week.

1 comment:

mindi11 said...

do you have high speed internet? you can go online (abc.com and cbs.com) and watch recent episodes of grey's anatomy for free if you do. :)